An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada. An eTA is electronically linked to a traveler's passport. If you are from visa-exempt country, read the following information carefully.

New Students

If you apply for an initial study permit outside of Canada, you do not need to apply separately for a eTA. If your study permit is approved, you will be issued eTA number with Letter of introduction.

Current Students

You are not allowed to re-enter to Canada without a valid eTA even though you have a valid study permit. Please make sure if you have a valid eTA before you re- enter to Canada

Validity of eTA

An eTA is usually valid up to five years or until the passport expires, whichever comes first. If you get a new passport, you need to get a new eTA

As of May 1, 2017 eligible applicants will receive an eTA when they renew study permit of apply for Post Graduate Work Permit. You may check your eTA status tool to find out if you have a valid eTA.

Applying for an eTA

International Learner Advisors




Student Services, 1st Floor

South Campus Building

Your cart is currently empty.

Browse Available Courses


  • If you are currently studying in a post-secondary program at BVC, please register for your courses via mybvc to ensure your enrolments and fees are processed appropriately.
  • Cart total based on domestic tuition rates. For information about International Tuition rates please see Additional Fees Apply
  • If you anticipate applying for a student loan, your payment will be refunded to you based on your loan award once your funding has been received by BVC.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Learn more in our privacy policy