If you are starting classes on Thursday, May 3, 2018, attend New Student Orientation on Friday, April 27, 2018 so you can:
- Get comfortable with Bow Valley College before you start classes.
- Meet other students, your program coordinator, and instructors.
- Tour the campus.
- Enjoy lunch provided by the Students' Association.
- Learn more about services, resources, and student life.
Some programs may have extra activities during the first week of classes, but this orientation is required for all new Bow Valley College learners. If you're an international student you'll need to attend regular orientation and international education orientation.
To register for New Student Orientation please sign in to your student email account at www.mybvc.ca
Access the New Student Orientation Schedule for Friday, April 27, 2018 here.
The Agenda Booklet is now available.
Online Student Orientation Videos
Use this checklist to make sure you are ready for your first day at Bow Valley College.
- Log in to the student web portal at mybvc.ca.
- Check your mybvc.ca email weekly to make sure you are getting important news and messages from the College.
- Access your timetable and courses through mybvc.ca under "Registration" and then "Schedule" (this applies to most programs).
- Visit the Registrar's Office in South Campus, first floor, to have your picture taken and get your Student ID card. Online and distance learners will also need an ID to use campus services or write exams on campus.
- Buy your textbooks at the Bookstore. Check with your program coordinator or instructor before you buy them to make sure you have the right edition.
- If you're a student with a disability, apply for support services and academic accommodations before you start classes. Download the
Setting up academic accommodations checklist.
- You can visit us in person at Learner Success Services in South Campus, first floor, call 403-410-1440, or email email@example.com.
- Lockers are available for a rental fee. You can rent a locker at bvc.lockergm.net. You will need a myBVC username and password, credit card, debit or Visa/MasterCard gift card to register. For regional campuses, please contact the location directly to ask about locker availability.
Be sure to add important dates and deadlines to your calendar at the beginning of the year.
- Email a copy or photo of your valid study permit to the international student advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply for basic health insurance coverage through Alberta Health Care if you are eligible.
- Apply for your co-op work permit before you start the clinical, practicum, or work portions of your certificate or diploma program.
- Make sure your contact information is up to date on your mybvc.ca account.
- Pick up your welcome information sheet at the International Education department South Campus, second floor, and meet your advisor.
For more information about orientation and student life in general, check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Make life at Bow Valley College easier by downloading the Learner Handbook. It will help you find information quickly and get answers to your questions.
Need some extra preparation before starting school? Get started before Orientation Day with our one-day Learning Boot Camp.
Attend Budget Boot Camp to shape up your money management skills before you start school.