Improve on your basic knowledge and build spreadsheets that are practical in any industry. Impress your clients or managers with valuable functions, formatting, and data organizing tools.
This course prepares you for the Excel Core Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification exam and includes one attempt at the exam.
Intermediate-level skills covered:
• Create and manipulate Excel workbooks, worksheets, rows, columns, and cells
• Format cells using styles, themes, and conditional formatting
• Build and edit intermediate formulas and functions using absolute and relative cell references
• Organize data using data tools such as sorting, naming ranges, tables, automatic subtotals, and outlining
• Create and modify charts and graphics
• Change worksheet views, customize page layouts, and print workbooks
• Use summary, statistical, and text functions
Learning Tools and Resources
- Operating systems Windows as well as Mac/IOS can be used for this course using Microsoft 365.
- Software not included. Learners are responsible for having access to Microsoft Office 365.
- Jasperactive software: The cost of this software is included in the course. Internet access and software download are required.
- G-Metrix software: The cost of this software is included in the course. Internet access and software download are required.
- eBook and other resources: A printable eBook and links to video tutorials are provided in Desire2Learn (D2L), the learning management system.
- It is recommended that learners take COMP9301 Microsoft Excel - Introduction or have equivalent experience prior to taking this course.
- This course follows an assessment-first approach. You will be assessed at the beginning of the course and then receive an individualized learning plan. This will help you pace yourself in the course activities, measure your progress, and prepare you to demonstrate Excel competencies.
Registration usually closes 24 – 48 hours before the course starts. Register early to secure your seat.
Frequently Asked Questions
A course delivery mode where learning activity takes place at times and locations of the learners own choosing through the use of online communications technologies. Learners are NOT required to participate in any scheduled learning activities, but scheduled exams may be required.
Jun 14, 2023 - Sep 14, 2023
Jul 12, 2023 - Oct 12, 2023
Aug 9, 2023 - Nov 9, 2023
Oct 11, 2023 - Jan 11, 2024
Dec 13, 2023 - Mar 13, 2024
A course delivery mode where learning activity is scheduled and takes place in a classroom or similar setting at a college facility. May include lecture, laboratory, and seminar components.
Oct 5, 2023 - Nov 7, 2023
Calgary Downtown Campus
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Required course for:
- ACCT9101 Financial Accounting - Introduction
- ACCT9102 Financial Accounting - Intermediate
- ACCT9103 Financial Accounting - Advanced
- ACCT9201 Budget and Financial Reports
- ACCT9401 QuickBooks Introduction
- ACCT9402 Quickbooks Advanced
- ACCT9403 Sage 50 Premium Accounting Level I
- ACCT9404 Sage 50 Premium Accounting Level II
- COMP9201 Microsoft Word - Introduction
- COMP9202 Microsoft Word - Core
- COMP9203 Microsoft Word - Expert
- COMP9301 Microsoft Excel - Introduction
- COMP9303 Microsoft Excel - Expert