This is your chance to be part of a dynamic industry that builds and creates. Alberta’s construction industry is always looking for professionals, and our certificates can help you get there. Maintenance and inspection professionals are vital roles in the facilities and infrastructure team with the physical assets of a building becoming more important and sophisticated as building technology evolves.
This certificate is designed by Plant Engineering and Maintenance Association of Canada (PEMAC) for people pursuing management positions in the maintenance field and those already in maintenance management looking for formal training. A maintenance professional manages the physical assets of a building and recommends future purchases. Organizations rely on you to improve uptime, production capacity, and equipment reliability, in a safe, environmentally compliant way. Your knowledge of the economic life of assets, return on investment, and effective communication between departments makes you vital to your team. Complete all the courses through Bow Valley College and achieve your MMP professional designation from PEMAC. Your instructors are PEMAC recognized professionals in the field of Maintenance Management. For more details on the learning opportunity visit individual course pages below.
- Plant Engineering and Maintenance Association of Canada (PEMAC) provides Maintenance Management Professional designation.
- Society for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals (SMRP) recognize PEMAC as an approved provider of continuing education and training aligned with key subject areas related to reliability and physical asset management.
- Alberta Blue Seal offered by the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT) recognize this certificate. The Blue Seal is geared to certified tradespeople and demonstrates they have successfully achieved a level of business education and knowledge in various business subject areas Find out more.
- Learning path: Take Module 1 - Next take in any order modules 2 to 7 - Finalize with Module 8 after all other modules have been successfully completed.
- Learning options: Courses are available in class.
- A la carte: Individual courses are available, or earn the certificate by completing all courses within five years.
- Recommended: Basic Computer skills and keyboarding and working knowledge of Microsoft Suite Office 2016 Word - Excel - PowerPoint.
- Time commitment: For each course hour ensure time for study hours and assessments submission.
Next step - Select a course and register below:
An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management
Module 1 of 8 in the Maintenance Management Professional Certificate
Production and Operations Management for Maintenance Manager
Module 2 of 8 in the Maintenance Management Professional Certificate
Human Resources Management for Maintenance Manager
Module 3 of 8 in the Maintenance Management Professional Certificate
Financial Management for the Maintenance Manager
Module 4 of 8 in the Maintenance Management Professional Certificate
Developing & Implementing Maintenance Tactics
Module 5 of 8 in the Maintenance Management Professional Certificate
Maintenance Work Management
Module 6 of 8 in the Maintenance Management Professional Certificate
Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
Module 7 of 8 in the Maintenance Management Professional Certificate
Keyboarding - Beginner And Skill Builder
Learn proper hand positioning and posture, track your speed and accuracy.
Because you liked this, you might like:
These courses are suggested to improve your career potential.
Project Management Introduction
Learn the basic elements of project management, including the characteristics of projects, the principles of project management, and the five stages of effectively managing projects.
Strategic Negotiation Management
Learn the negotiation techniques that are imperative in helping you reach the business results you want, even through electronic means.
Proposal Writing and Communication
Start writing winning proposals. Learn the key elements of a proposal and develop a persuasive style of writing.