Building on the Alberta Health Care Aide Certificate program curriculum, this course is designed for health care aides caring for people living with life-limiting illnesses to enhance the capacity of learners to support and care for the dying person and their family.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding the dying process
- Hospice palliative care and integrating a palliative approach
- Increasing physical comfort using palliation
- Providing psychosocial care
- Caring in the last days and hours
- Caregiver self-care
Required resources: Personal Support Workers package (text/workbook/podcasts/videos) available for purchase from Life & Death Matters.
Use the provided course materials and progress at your own pace at home. Support is available via telephone and email.