An important update about the College's health measures
Yesterday, the Government of Alberta shared details for easing public health measures in the province.
There will be no immediate changes to the College’s vaccine requirements or mask mandates. The College’s protocols are not part of the Government of Alberta’s Restriction Exemption Program.
This means you will still be required to provide proof of vaccination and identification for campus access. Masks must continue to be worn per our mask mandate.
Please see these links for more information about vaccine and mask regulations:
- Vaccine protocols, including information about out-of-country vaccination.
- Providing proof of vaccination.
- The City of Calgary's mask bylaw remains in effect. Please review our mask regulations and FAQ.
- Information about what to do in the case of a positive COVID-19 case.
The College is reviewing the impact of yesterday’s announcements and will provide an additional update by February 18.
A Reminder About Our Phased Reopening
We would also like to remind you about our phased return to in-person teaching and learning, starting February 14.
We appreciate that everyone will have varying comfort levels with a return to campus. Please know that the College continues to implement robust protocols for the health and safety of anyone accessing campus.
To help ease your return to campus, please check your myBVC account to confirm your class locations.
The schedule for the phased return is:
- Returning February 14: School of Foundational Learning courses.
- Returning February 22: School of Global Access courses, except for specialized English Language Learning courses (Academic English ELL, Leveling the Learning Field, and others.)
- Returning February 28: All remaining programs and specialized ELL courses.
Reminder: What is changing
- We will offer a phased approach to in-person classes, starting February 14.
- Learners will have full access to the library, Learner Success Services, and Academic Advising, without needing to show proof of an appointment at the College doors.
- Reporting COVID-19 positive cases to the College is no longer required. If you have COVID, please follow these Alberta Health Services guidelines.
What is continuing
- Our campuses will remain closed to the public.
- Before February 14, any students advised of on-campus activity should continue to follow the direction provided.
- Students must show their ID and vaccination QR code and wear a mask to access the College.
- Proof of vaccination is required for all in-person College-sanctioned activities.
- Are required to isolate because of a positive COVID-19 test result.
- Are symptomatic, even if you have tested negative.
- For current COVID-19 isolation requirements, see this AHS link.
Please visit bowvalleycollege.ca/covid-info for more information and updates from the College.
The health and safety of our students and employees remains our top priority.