Prior to registering for your course(s), you will receive an email from the Online Delivery Officer (ODO) detailing the textbook information. Textbook costs are the same for the online and face-to-face courses.
You have the option of buying new or used textbooks for most of your courses. Always ensure you purchase the correct edition of the required textbook.
Please note that used textbooks do not include access to additional resources you may need for your course. If you purchase a used textbook, additional publisher resources must be purchased separately at an additional cost.
Check the Bow Valley College bookstore website to see if your text comes with additional materials such as CDs or publisher resources.
You may purchase your textbooks using one of the following options:
• In person at the Bow Valley College Bookstore.
• By phone: 403.410.1740 or Toll Free 1.866.428.2669 within Alberta.
• Online from the Bow Valley College Bookstore (instructions below).
• Online directly from the textbook's publisher, Indigo Chapters, or Amazon.
To order online from the Bow Valley College Bookstore:
1. Visit https://bowvalleycollege.ca/bookstore
2. Select Your Program (note that All is preselected).
3. Select Your Term.
4. Select Your Division (select Chiu School of Business).
5. Select Your Department (select your program).
6. Select Your Course (select course code).
7. Select Your Section.
8. Click on Submit.
9. Select Your Materials. (Check to see if any publisher and textbook resources are required. Be sure to buy a new textbook if additional publisher resources are needed for your course).
10. Proceed with your orders and payment.
Please note: textbooks will not be available through the BVC Bookstore until approximately 1 month prior to the beginning of the semester.
For any course requiring Microsoft Office software, be sure to have the correct version. The college is currently using Microsoft Office 2016 and Windows 10. It is your responsibility to use the same software or find compatible solutions.
If you are unsure of the textbook, the Course Syllabus for each course will also list any resources needed. You can also contact your Online Delivery Officer (ODO) if you have any questions.