The Post-TESL Certificate Program provides focused and relevant professional development for ELL practitioners. Keep your skills and knowledge up to date through participation in courses in this certificate program.
There are a variety of courses offered in the Post-TESL Certificate Program. If you successfully complete four of the post-TESL courses, you will receive a Post-TESL certificate from Bow Valley College.
A certificate is awarded upon successful completion of your choice of four of the six courses listed below:
- TELL9201 ESL Literacy Materials Design
- TELL9202 Strategies for Teaching Refugees
- TELL9203 Teaching In Multilevel Contexts
- TELL9204 Inclusive Teaching Practices
- TELL9205 Teaching English for the Workplace
- TELL9206 Task-based Language Teaching in the Canadian Context
You can complete any courses in the series in the order you choose. You are not required to complete all six courses. You will be eligible to receive the Post TESL Certificate if you successfully complete four courses.
- Courses are offered online
- Each course is 4 weeks, approximately 12 hours
- Course fees are $295.00 per course
ESL Literacy Material Design
Explore principles of effective material design and create learning materials for ESL literacy learners.
Strategies for Teaching Refugees
Meet the needs of refugee learners effectively and create inclusive classrooms for all.
Teaching in Multilevel Contexts
Adopt practical strategies and approaches for differentiating and scaffolding tasks for learners at different levels in your classroom.
Inclusive Teaching Practices
Integrate inclusive teaching practices to better meet the needs of English language learners.
Teaching English for the Workplace
Consider the selection of materials, key teaching points, and methods of instructional practice to support workplace soft skill development.