What is it?
When an emergency event occurs or is about to occur at Bow Valley College, CampusAlert provides official and real-time information. Bow Valley College CampusAlert will notify you for: severe weather alerts, college closures, lockdown/shelter-in-place, evacuation, or any other interruption or interference with our normal business. It also offers useful safety tools and health resources, accessible 24/7, wherever you are.
Bow Valley College CampusAlert is free to download and is available for smartphone devices on the App Store and Google Play. Currently, it only requires 19Mb of space, which is very minimal compared to other social media apps that average 50Mb or more.
Who can use it?
Learners, staff, instructors, and outside stakeholders (vendors, emergency services and utilities partners, parents, caregivers, friends, etc.).
Download your copy of the app for Apple or Android now!
Types of Emergency Alerts
|Severe Weather||Fire Alarm/Drill||Medical Emergency
||Bomb Threat||Chemical Leak||Power Failure|
|Crime in Progress||Closure Notice
||IT Systems Failure
During an emergency alarm evacuation:
1) Be aware of your surroundings.
2) Listen to instructions on the Public Address system.
3) When instructed, remove yourself and others from the area (evacuate).
4) Read further instructions on the CampusAlert emergency app from a safe location.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Open the App Store or Google Play on your mobile device.
- Type Bow Valley College CampusAlert in the Search field – You will see the Bow Valley College CampusAlert logo.
- You will be asked "Complete account setup", to review your account. Tap 'CONTINUE'.
- Complete Account Setup - this is a free app, so tap SKIP (bottom left).
- Tap OPEN.
- Don’t forget to tap “allow notifications”.
- Congratulations! You are connected.
The CampusAlert app will send alerts in a various ways:
Push Notifications: You will receive alerts even when the app isn't running on your phone. A notification will appear on your mobile device to let you know an alert from Bow Valley College CampusAlert has been sent.
Alert Status: When the app is open a red strip notification will appear on the top of the app, when you tap the banner it will open up to give you more details about what to do or where to go.
An alert will immediately pop up on your mobile phone, with instructions relevant to the emergency situation. If you want further information, such as evacuation plans, those are located within the CampusAlert app for you to access.
If you have a mobile phone that is not a Smartphone, you can take advantage of the Text Message Feature, which will send you the same emergency notifications but via text.