Module 6 focuses on building a proactive maintenance management process that uses that right resources and tools at the right time. This module is a study of the fundamentals of the work management process with an overview of the basics of planning, scheduling, and work coordination in order to transition from reactive to proactive maintenance.
Topics covered include:
- How to effectively use resources
- How to align maintenance activities with production or service schedules
- How to develop and document maintenance strategies
- How to integrate proactive maintenance tactics
Course Material / Textbook(s) Required:
- Maintenance Planning, Coordination and Scheduling (2nd Edition), by Nyman & Levitt. ISBN 978-0831134181. Please note that the textbook cost is separate from the course tuition.
- PEMAC Module 6 Workbook, Version 11.02
Please note that the normal refund policy is not in effect for this course.
May 5 & 6, 8:00am-5:00pm
May 26 & 27, 8:00am-5:00pm
Modules 1 through 7 can be taken in any order, however it is recommended to start with Module 1: MMPR9101 - An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management.
Individuals who successfully complete all eight modules and are members of the PEMAC Asset Management Association of Canada can apply for the Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) designation from PEMAC.
Frequently Asked Questions
Brightspace by D2L
Required course for:
- MMPR9101 An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management
- MMPR9102 Production and Operations Management for Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9103 Human Resources Management for Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9104 Financial Management for the Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9105 Developing & Implementing Maintenance Tactics
- MMPR9107 Maintenance Information Management
- MMPR9108 Capstone Project