The National Payroll Institute’s Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation is the foundation for a successful career in payroll. The PCP designation requires three core payroll courses, an Introduction to Accounting course transfer credit and one year of weighted payroll work experience.
Payroll Fundamentals 1 is the second course of the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation. Topics covered include
- Calculate regular and non-regular individual pay
- Calculate termination payments.
- Complete a Record of Employment.
- Communicate all aspects of individual pay requirements to various stakeholders.
Students must achieve a minimum grade of 65% on the final examination and 65% on the course to pass.
Prerequisites: Payroll Compliance Legislation must be completed before enrolling in Payroll Fundamentals 1.
- First, register with Bow Valley College and pay course fee.
- Second, register with National Payroll Institute and pay the required membership and course fee.