The National Payroll Institute’s Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation is the foundation for a successful career in payroll. The PCP designation requires three core payroll courses, an Introduction to Accounting course transfer credit and one year of weighted payroll work experience.
Payroll Fundamentals 1 is the second course of the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation. Topics covered include
- Calculate regular and non-regular individual pay
- Calculate termination payments.
- Complete a Record of Employment.
- Communicate all aspects of individual pay requirements to various stakeholders.
Students must achieve a minimum grade of 65% on the final examination and 65% on the course to pass.
Prerequisites: Payroll Compliance Legislation must be completed before enrolling in Payroll Fundamentals 1.
- First, register with Bow Valley College and pay course fee.
- Second, register with National Payroll Institute and pay the required membership and course fee.
A course delivery mode where learning activity takes place through scheduled interaction through the use of online communications technologies at locations of the learners own choosing. Learners ARE required to participate in online learning activities at scheduled times, and scheduled exams may be required.