Learn to use advanced capabilities of Microsoft Word. Upgrade your skills and improve your productivity by mastering expert-level design and formatting features.
This course prepares you for the Word Expert Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification exam and includes one attempt at the exam.
Expert-level skills covered:
• Manage, modify, and customize documents, templates, and settings
• Perform advanced editing and formatting using special characters, textboxes, layout options, styles, and wildcards
• Create and manage indexes, references, and mail merges
• Create and modify building blocks, macros, controls, styles, and templates
• Prepare documents for review, use password protection, and restrict editing
• Use productivity tools
Learning Tools and Resources
- Operating systems Windows as well as Mac/IOS can be used for this course using Microsoft 365.
- Software is not provided. Learner are responsible for having access to Microsoft Office 365.
- Jasperactive software: The cost of this software is included in the course. Internet access and software download are required.
- G-Metrix software: The cost of this software is included in the course. Internet access and software download are required.
- eBook and other resources: A printable eBook and links to video tutorials are provided in Desire2Learn (D2L), the learning management system.
- It is recommended that learners take COMP9202 Microsoft Word - Core, or have equivalent experience, and have a typing speed of 20 words per minute prior to taking this course.
- This course follows an assessment-first approach. You will be assessed at the beginning of the course and then receive an individualized learning plan. This will help you pace yourself in the course activities, measure your progress, and prepare you to demonstrate Word competencies.
Frequently Asked Questions