This course prepares you to write the Word Core Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification exam.
Intermediate-level skills covered:
• Create and manage documents by customizing and configuring options
• Format documents with styles, breaks, columns, fonts, and spacing
• Create and modify tables by using styles, sorting data, resizing, and merging and splitting cells
• Create and modify bulleted and numbered lists
• Insert and modify references such as footnotes, endnotes, table of contents, and cover pages
• Insert and format graphic elements such as shapes, images, and text boxes
Learning Tools and Resources
- Operating systems Windows as well as Mac/IOS can be used for this course using Microsoft 365.
- Software is not provided. Learners are responsible for having access to Microsoft Office 365.
- Jasperactive software: The cost of this software is included in the course. Internet access and software download are required.
- G-Metrix software: The cost of this software is included in the course. Internet access and software download are required.
- eBook and other resources: A printable eBook and links to video tutorials are provided in Desire2Learn (D2L), the learning management system.
- It is recommended that learners take COMP9201 Microsoft Word - Introduction, or have equivalent experience, and have a typing speed of 20 words per minute prior to taking this course.
- This course follows an assessment-first approach. You will be assessed at the beginning of the course and then receive an individualized learning plan. This will help you pace yourself in the course activities, measure your progress, and prepare you to demonstrate Word competencies.
Registration usually closes 24 – 48 hours before the course starts. Register early to secure your seat.
A course delivery mode where learning activity takes place at times and locations of the learners own choosing through the use of online communications technologies. Learners are NOT required to participate in any scheduled learning activities, but scheduled exams may be required.