This course prepares you to write the Word Core Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification exam and includes one attempt at the exam.
Intermediate-level skills covered:
• Create and manage documents by customizing and configuring options
• Format documents with styles, breaks, columns, fonts, and spacing
• Create and modify tables by using styles, sorting data, resizing, and merging and splitting cells
• Create and modify bulleted and numbered lists
• Insert and modify references such as footnotes, endnotes, table of contents, and cover pages
• Insert and format graphic elements such as shapes, images, and text boxes
Learning Tools and Resources
- Operating systems Windows as well as Mac/IOS can be used for this course using Microsoft 365.
- Software is not provided. Learners are responsible for having access to Microsoft Office 365.
- Jasperactive software: The cost of this software is included in the course. Internet access and software download are required.
- G-Metrix software: The cost of this software is included in the course. Internet access and software download are required.
- eBook and other resources: A printable eBook and links to video tutorials are provided in Desire2Learn (D2L), the learning management system.
- It is recommended that learners take COMP9201 Microsoft Word - Introduction, or have equivalent experience, and have a typing speed of 20 words per minute prior to taking this course.
- This course follows an assessment-first approach. You will be assessed at the beginning of the course and then receive an individualized learning plan. This will help you pace yourself in the course activities, measure your progress, and prepare you to demonstrate Word competencies.
Registration usually closes 24 – 48 hours before the course starts. Register early to secure your seat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Brightspace by D2L
A course delivery mode where learning activity takes place at times and locations of the learners own choosing through the use of online communications technologies. Learners are NOT required to participate in any scheduled learning activities, but scheduled exams may be required.
Jun 14, 2023 - Sep 14, 2023
Nov 8, 2023 - Feb 8, 2024
A course delivery mode where learning activity is scheduled and takes place in a classroom or similar setting at a college facility. May include lecture, laboratory, and seminar components.
Oct 16, 2023 - Nov 20, 2023
Calgary Downtown Campus
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Required course for:
- ACCT9101 Financial Accounting - Introduction
- ACCT9102 Financial Accounting - Intermediate
- ACCT9103 Financial Accounting - Advanced
- ACCT9401 QuickBooks Introduction
- ACCT9402 Quickbooks Advanced
- ACCT9403 Sage 50 Premium Accounting Level I
- ACCT9404 Sage 50 Premium Accounting Level II
- COMP9201 Microsoft Word - Introduction
- COMP9203 Microsoft Word - Expert
- COMP9301 Microsoft Excel - Introduction
- COMP9302 Microsoft Excel - Core
- COMP9303 Microsoft Excel - Expert