This course guides you through the following topics:
- Using toolbars
- Maintaining files
- Moving and copying data
- Manipulating fonts, font styles, and attributes
- Working with borders and shading
- Adjusting margins and spacing
- Setting tabs and indents
- Using headers and footers
- AutoCorrect and AutoText features
- Spellcheck, thesaurus, and grammar features
A USB memory stick is recommended.
Software is not provided. Learners are responsible for having access to Microsoft Office 365.
Course Material / Textbook(s) Required:
(Full Color) Microsoft Word for Office 365 (Desktop or Online): Part 1. Publisher: Logical Operations. SKU#: 091141SC.
Please note that the textbook cost is separate from the course tuition. The textbook is available at Bow Valley College's bookstore.
Registration usually closes 24 – 48 hours before the course starts. Register early to secure your seat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Brightspace by D2L
A course delivery mode where learning activity takes place at times and locations of the learners own choosing through the use of online communications technologies. Learners are NOT required to participate in any scheduled learning activities, but scheduled exams may be required.
Jul 12, 2023 - Sep 12, 2023
Sep 13, 2023 - Nov 13, 2023
Nov 8, 2023 - Jan 8, 2024
A course delivery mode where learning activity is scheduled and takes place in a classroom or similar setting at a college facility. May include lecture, laboratory, and seminar components.
Sep 11, 2023 - Oct 2, 2023
Calgary Downtown Campus
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Required course for:
- ACCT9101 Financial Accounting - Introduction
- ACCT9102 Financial Accounting - Intermediate
- ACCT9103 Financial Accounting - Advanced
- ACCT9401 QuickBooks Introduction
- ACCT9402 Quickbooks Advanced
- ACCT9403 Sage 50 Premium Accounting Level I
- ACCT9404 Sage 50 Premium Accounting Level II
- ADMN9203 Administrative Skills Fundamentals
- COMM9103 Effective Business Writing
- COMP9202 Microsoft Word - Core
- COMP9203 Microsoft Word - Expert
- COMP9301 Microsoft Excel - Introduction
- COMP9302 Microsoft Excel - Core
- COMP9303 Microsoft Excel - Expert
- PPDV9105 Time Management Strategies