This course provides an introduction to using Sage 50 Premium Accounting software. Learn to prepare and use the general journal and general ledger, post journal entries, and create financial statements. Record accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and inventory.
- General journal
- General ledger
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Financial statements
- Bank reconciliations
Learning Tools and Resources
- Operating System: The minimum recommended operating system is Windows 10. Mac or IOS systems cannot be used for this course.
- Textbook: Using Sage 50 Accounting 2020, Fifth Canadian Edition. Purbhoo, Mary. ISBN-13: 9780136746522
- Software: Sage 50 Accounting Software and data files can be downloaded using the information provided in Chapter 1 of the textbook. Learners are responsible for downloading the student software by the first day of class.
- Registration closes 24 – 48 hours before the course start date.
Frequently Asked Questions
Brightspace by D2L
A course delivery mode where learning activity takes place at times and locations of the learners own choosing through the use of online communications technologies. Learners are NOT required to participate in any scheduled learning activities, but scheduled exams may be required.
Jul 12, 2023 - Sep 12, 2023
Sep 13, 2023 - Nov 13, 2023
Nov 8, 2023 - Jan 8, 2024
A course delivery mode where learning activity takes place through scheduled interaction through the use of online communications technologies at locations of the learners own choosing. Learners ARE required to participate in online learning activities at scheduled times, and scheduled exams may be required.
Sep 11, 2023 - Oct 4, 2023
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Required course for:
- ACCT9101 Financial Accounting - Introduction
- ACCT9102 Financial Accounting - Intermediate
- ACCT9103 Financial Accounting - Advanced
- ACCT9401 QuickBooks Introduction
- ACCT9402 Quickbooks Advanced
- ACCT9404 Sage 50 Premium Accounting Level II
- COMP9201 Microsoft Word - Introduction
- COMP9202 Microsoft Word - Core
- COMP9301 Microsoft Excel - Introduction
- COMP9302 Microsoft Excel - Core