- January 08 2018
- May 03 2018
- August 30 2018
- In Class
Class Schedule: Monday to Thursday 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
This full-time LINC program is for immigrant youth between the ages of 18 and 24. It provides instruction in language and academic skills as well as preparation for further post-secondary education in Canada.
You'll study reading, writing, listening and speaking. You will also do the following:
- Find out about education and career paths in Canada
- Develop communication and presentation skills
- Learn about Canadian culture and living in Canada
- Improve finance skills
- Develop computer and internet skills
There are five levels to this program. We'll place you in a level based on Canadian Language Benchmarks and in-class assessments. When you finish the highest level of the program, you can move into an English for Academic Purposes program or a career program.
- 18 - 24 years old
- Permanent resident or convention refugee
- Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) levels 3,3,3,2
- Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test results or LINC certificate
Applicants must first take a Canadian Language Benchmarks test at the Immigrant and Vocational Assessment Referral Centre (ILVARC). The telephone number for ILVARC is 403-262-2656.
For detailed information about the application process, see ELL Applying.
LINC Home Study
LINC stands for Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada. This program is offered online and by correspondence. Learners work one-on-one with a qualified TESL instructor every week.
LINC stands for Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada. In LINC, you'll learn listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills. You'll get the knowledge you need to settle in Canada.