- January 07, 2019
- In Class
LINC stands for Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada. This program offers an eight-week in-class workplace language instruction, intercultural and employment skills training. Following the in-class instruction is an eight-week work experience (unpaid).
The LINC Work Readiness Program will:
- Develop your job search tools: resumes, cover letters, interview skills, and job search strategies
- Provide you with a Canadian work experience in hospitality, retail, logistics, or office administration
- Train you in the communication skills and workplace culture needed to feel confident at work
- Be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Open to permanent residents and Convention refugees.
- Be available to work immediately.
- Open to southern Alberta residents (outside of Calgary) who are unable to attend LINC classes in person.
- CLB placement test resultsof level 6 or higher.
LINC applicants must first take a CLB test through the Immigrant and Vocational Assessment Referral Centre (ILVARC). The telephone number for ILVARC is 403-262-2656. Placement testing is available at some regional campuses. Please contact your closest campus for more information.
For detailed information about the application process, see ELL Applying.
Corporate Readiness Training Program
If you trained for a job in another country, this program can help you start your career in Canada. It shows you how to find a job, and teaches you the business communication skills you need.
LINC stands for Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada. In LINC, you'll learn listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills. You'll get the knowledge you need to settle in Canada.
LINC Home Study
LINC stands for Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada. This program is offered online and by correspondence. Learners work one-on-one with a qualified TESL instructor every week.
LINC stands for Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada. In this online program, you'll learn English language reading and writing skills for daily life and work.