- May 08, 2023
- September 05, 2023
- In Class
Permanent Residents and Convention Refugees may apply for a LINC seat as of LINC Application Day on March 1, 2023. You can also attend LINC Application Day to apply in-person from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Foundational Learning Assistance (“funding”) is not available for the Spring 2023 term.
Class Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. or 11:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. dependent on class level.
Full-time LINC (Practical)
- Learners in this program have CLB 3 to CLB 5
- Learners in this program have between 5 and 11 years of formal education
Full-time LINC (Academic)
- Learners in this program have CLB 3 to CLB7
- Learners in this program have 12 or more years of education
The programs offer:
- Highly qualified instructors
- Advisors and counsellors to help learners with academic, career, and life goals
- A curriculum based on Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs)
- Opportunities to learn about Canadian culture
Room S1111, South Campus
345 - 6 Avenue SE
- Be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Open to permanent residents or Convention refugees.
- CLB placement test results or LINC certificate from a LINC program.
LINC applicants must first take a CLB test at the Calgary Language Assessment & Referral Centre (CLARC). The telephone number for CLARC is 403-262-2656.
For detailed information about the application process, see ELL Applying.
345 - 6 Avenue SE
If you were a Bow Valley College student within the last 9 months, please contact SGAreception@bowvalleycollege.ca for a returning student form.
If it has been more than 9 months since you last studied with us, you will be required to re-apply. Please click HERE for more information.
LINC stands for Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada. In this part time program, you'll learn listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills. With LINC, you can get the knowledge you need to settle in Canada.
LINC Home Study
LINC stands for Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada. This program is offered online and by correspondence. Learners work one-on-one with an instructor 1/2 hour every week.
Youth in Transition (LINC)
LINC stands for Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada. This full-time program is for immigrant youth between the ages of 18 and 24.
LINC stands for Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada. If you live outside of Calgary, you can take these part-time classes. You will learn English language skills for daily life and work.
LINC stands for Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada. In this online program, you'll learn English language reading and writing skills for daily life and work.