- January 08 2018
- In Class
These programs are for learners who are not eligible for funding from LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada).
There are three full-time ELL programs:
Full-time ELL (Literacy)
- Learners in this program have scored a pre-Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB)
- Learners in this program have between zero and four years of formal education
Full-time ELL (Academic)
- Learners in this program have scored a CLB 2 to 7
- Learners in this program have 10 or more years of education
Full-time ELL (Practical)
- Learners in this program have scored a pre-CLB to a CLB 5
- Learners in this program have between five and nine years of formal education
In addition to developing the four language strands, learners will:
- Highly qualified instructors
- Advisors and counsellors to help learners with academic, career, and life goals
- A curriculum based on Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs)
- Opportunities to learn about Canadian culture and how to live in Canada
- An ELL Tutorial Centre for individual or small group help with language problems
- Computer labs for practicing reading, writing, listening, grammar, and internet skills
- Open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and convention refugees.
- Prospective students must apply at the Student Advising Centre. A $65 application fee applies.
- Funding is subject to eligibility requirements.
For detailed information about the application process, see ELL Applying.