- January 08 2018
- In Class
These programs are for learners who:
- Are Canadian citizens with Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) pre-CLB to CLB 7, or
- Are permanent residents or convention refugees with Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) 5 and up in all strands
There are three full-time ELL programs:
Full-time ELL (Literacy)
- Learners in this program have pre-CLB
- Learners in this program have between 0 and 4 years of formal education
Full-time ELL (Practical)
- Learners in this program have pre-CLB to CLB 5
- Learners in this program have between 5 and 9 years of formal education
Full-time ELL (Academic)
- Learners in this program have CLB 2 to 7
- Learners in this program have 10 or more years of education
The programs offer:
- Highly qualified instructors
- Advisors and counsellors to help learners with academic, career, and life goals
- A curriculum based on Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs)
- Opportunities to learn about Canadian culture and how to live in Canada
- An ELL Tutorial Centre for individual or small group help with language problems
- Computer labs for practicing reading, writing, listening, grammar, and internet skills
- Open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and convention refugees.
- Prospective students must apply at the Student Advising Centre. A $65 application fee applies.
- Funding is subject to eligibility requirements.
For detailed information about the application process, see ELL Applying.