Java is a popular general-purpose programming language used in the development of many kinds of applications such as mobile, desktop, and web.
This course includes one attempt at the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) exam: Introduction to Programming Using Java.
• Java language basics
• Data types, variables, and expressions
• Operators: arithmetic, assignment, comparison, and logical
• Boolean expressions, loops, and flow control
• One-dimensional and two-dimensional arrays
• Implementation methods
• Object-oriented programming
• Errors, troubleshooting, and exception handling
• Compiling and debugging code
This course follows an assessment-first approach. You will be assessed at the beginning of the course and then receive an individualized learning plan. This plan will help you pace yourself in the course activities, gauge your progress, and prepare for demonstration of the competencies.
Required Learning Resources:
Learning resources will be available in the course modules in Desire2Learn (D2L) on the course start date. Eclipse software will need to be installed for this course at no additional cost.