In this course, you will learn how to define bullying, neglect, and emotional, physical and sexual abuse of children and youth. You will learn how to create protection. You will learn how to handle disclosures of violence according to their provincial/territorial legislation and organizational policy. You will also learn steps to manage risk and prevent violence by building a safer environment.
This course has six modules:
1. Introduction – defining violence, power, and vulnerability
2. Understanding Abuse and Neglect – emotional, physical and sexual abuse, neglect, and their effects
3. Understanding Bullying and Harassment
4. Framework for Intervention – the conventions, protocols, legislation, criminal codes and organizational policies that help create protection
5. Intervention – handling disclosures of violence
6. Preventing Violence by Creating Safe Environments – risk management and creating safety for children and youth
Available anytime online, you will have one week to complete this course. On average, the course will take about four hours to complete.