Learn and practice how to prepare and administer injections. If you graduated from a practical nurse program before 2006, this course is a prerequisite to the Immunization course. If you graduated after 2006 and haven't used these skills, this is an opportunity to refresh and practice them.
This course is online self-paced study, followed by a lab on the last day of the course. Lab kit is provided.
If the minimum enrolment target is not met, a course may be cancelled. Please do not make travel arrangements until the course is confirmed.
A mixed course delivery mode where learning activity takes place through a blend of scheduled in-class and scheduled or non-scheduled online delivery methods. Learners ARE required to participate in scheduled in-class and/or online learning activities. Scheduled exams may be required.
- FACP9101 Basic Life Support CPR
- HMSV9301 Mental Health First Aid
- HMSV9503 Understanding and Applying the DSM-5 in Healthcare Practice
- NURS9213 Intravenous Initiation, Infusion and Medication Administration
- NURS9501 Immunization
- NURS9502 Leadership for Licensed Practical Nurses
- NURS9504 Phlebotomy
- NURS9508 Gentle Persuasive Approaches (GPA) Basics
- SAFT9406 N95 Mask Fitting