Learn about Indigenous histories and contemporary realities in Canada. This includes relationships to the land, identities, and cultural knowledge. Explore cultural differences and basic Indigenous ways of knowing and being while examining your own worldview with a goal to promote understanding and foster inclusivity.
This is the fourth course in the Intercultural Competencies for Leaders Certificate (non-credit).
The course is completely online and has a peer-learning focus. Course completion is based on active participation on discussion board forums, and the submission of a final assignment which will consolidate participants’ personal experience during this course. The time commitment is typically twelve hours.
This course is part of the Intercultural Competencies for Leaders Certificate Program. The program is essential for anyone working in a diverse workplace. It helps participants develop a global perspective and mindset and offers useful tools to build intercultural sensitivity and enhance intercultural communication skills.
This course, Indigenous Awareness: Engaging Diversity and Inclusion, can be taken as a standalone course or as part of the certificate. There are no prerequisites for this course.
The development of this course was supported by:
Approved Continuing Professional Development (CPD) by Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) Alberta.
A course delivery mode that combines elements of non-scheduled and scheduled activity. Learners will be able to participate partly at times of their own choosing and are also required to participate in some scheduled online learning activities. Scheduled exams may be required.
Required course for:
- HRES9101 Organizational Development
- HRES9201 Human Resources Management
- HRES9202 Talent Acquisition
- HRES9203 Strategic Compensation
- HRES9303 Payroll Legislation and Employment Standards
- IIAD9101 Intercultural Competence 1
- IIAD9102 Intercultural Competence 2
- IIAD9201 Supervisory Skills in Intercultural Teams
- IIAD9401 Developing a Global Mindset
- MGMT9101 Change Management Essentials
- MGMT9102 Introduction to Performance Management
- MGMT9103 Advanced Performance Management
- MGMT9104 Critical and Productive Strategies
- MGMT9105 Workplace Complexities
- MGMT9106 Building High Performance Teams