Module 3 looks at how human resources relate to the maintenance environment.
Topics covered include the following:
- The role of human resources in maintenance management
- Legal requirements
- Recruitment and selection
- Orientation training and employee development
- Performance appraisals
- The union management interface
- Change management through effective leadership
- Safety management in the workplace
- Dealing with labor issues within the maintenance environment
- Human resource planning
- Implementing performance management
- Compensation management
Course Material / Textbook(s) Required:
- Canadian Human Resource Management: A Strategic Approach (12th Edition), by Schwind & Das Wagar (with Access Card). ISBN: 978-1260305777.
- PEMAC Module 3 Workbook, Version 10.20
Please note that the normal refund policy is not in effect for this course.
Modules 1 through 7 can be taken in any order, however it is recommended to start with Module 1: MMPR9101 An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management.
Individuals who complete all 8 modules and are members of the PEMAC Asset Management Association of Canada can apply for the Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) designation from PEMAC.
Required course for:
- MMPR9101 An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management
- MMPR9102 Production and Operations Management for Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9104 Financial Management for the Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9105 Developing & Implementing Maintenance Tactics
- MMPR9106 Maintenance Work Management
- MMPR9107 Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- MMPR9108 Capstone Project