Module 3 looks at how human resources relate to the maintenance environment.
Topics covered include the following:
- The role of human resources in maintenance management
- Legal requirements
- Recruitment and selection
- Orientation training and employee development
- Performance appraisals
- The union management interface
- Change management through effective leadership
- Safety management in the workplace
- Dealing with labor issues within the maintenance environment
- Human resource planning
- Implementing performance management
- Compensation management
Course Material / Textbook(s) Required:
- Canadian Human Resource Management: A Strategic Approach (12th Edition), by Schwind & Das Wagar (with Access Card). ISBN: 978-1260305777.
- PEMAC Module 3 Workbook, Version 10.20
Please note that the normal refund policy is not in effect for this course.
Modules 1 through 7 can be taken in any order, however it is recommended to start with Module 1: MMPR9101 An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management.
Individuals who complete all 8 modules and are members of the PEMAC Asset Management Association of Canada can apply for the Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) designation from PEMAC.
A course delivery mode that combines elements of non-scheduled and scheduled activity. Learners will be able to participate partly at times of their own choosing and are also required to participate in some scheduled online learning activities. Scheduled exams may be required.
Required course for:
- MMPR9101 An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management
- MMPR9102 Production and Operations Management for Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9104 Financial Management for the Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9105 Developing & Implementing Maintenance Tactics
- MMPR9106 Maintenance Work Management
- MMPR9107 Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- MMPR9108 Capstone Project