The Intercultural Competencies for Leaders Certificate Program is essential for anyone working in a diverse workplace. It helps develop a global perspective and mindset and offers useful tools to build intercultural sensitivity and enhance intercultural communication skills.
A certificate is awarded on the successful completion of the following four courses:
- IIAD 9101 Intercultural Competence 1
- IIAD 9102 Intercultural Competence 2
- IIAD 9201 Supervisory Skills in Intercultural Teams
- IIAD 9301 Indigenous Awareness: Engaging Diversity and Inclusion
Intercultural Competence 1 and 2 offer important introductory concepts that influence the underpinnings of the final two courses.
- Employers may be reimbursed for up to two-thirds of the training costs through the Canada-Alberta Job Grant.
- Course fees: $295.00 per course
- This program has been designed for facilitated online delivery. It can be modified for a workshop environment for organizations who prefer this delivery mode.
Intercultural Competence 1
Develop an awareness of the basic skills needed to interact and work more effectively with others from diverse backgrounds.
Intercultural Competence 2
Build motivation and curiosity and develop the requisite attitudes for working towards successful intercultural interactions.
Supervisory Skills in Intercultural Teams
Learn the skills to confidently supervise and lead diverse teams with a global and inclusive mindset.