All organizations have data. Whether they use it to develop client relationships, analyze financials, or track inventory, companies thrive with accessible data. Get started in understanding the core concepts of database development and administration, including the creation of database objects, manipulation of data, and data storage and security.
This course prepares you to take the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) exam: Database Fundamentals.
• Design and administer a simple database
• Implement database modeling and design
• Create and manage database objects and metadata
• Data manipulation and data definition languages
• Use tables and views
• Understand core relational database management system concepts
• Query databases using Structured Query Language (SQL)
• Perform database storage, normalization, and indexing
• Demonstrate database backup and restore techniques
This course follows an assessment-first approach. You will be assessed at the beginning of the course and then receive an individualized learning plan. This plan will help you pace yourself in the course activities, gauge your progress, and prepare for demonstration of the competencies.
Recognition: Bow Valley College Micro-Credential
A course delivery mode where learning activity takes place at times and locations of the learners own choosing through the use of online communications technologies. Learners are NOT required to participate in any scheduled learning activities, but scheduled exams may be required.