This course will prepare you to take the academic or general format of the IELTS test, with a writing focus. This course is taught online and includes a live webinar each week for you to connect with your instructor.
In this course, you will get:
- Detailed test information, skills practice, strategies, and individual feedback on the writing component of IELTS
- Personalized feedback from a BVC instructor on your performance as well as tips on how to improve your IELTS score
- General information, strategies, and practice for the other components of IELTS.
- Textbooks are not required for this course.
- Registrants should have at least a high-intermediate level of proficiency in English.
- The course is fully online; registrants should have regular access to a laptop or desktop computer with reliable high-speed internet, up-to-date operating system and software, microphone and speakers. Webinars take place on Tuesday or Wednesday evening from 8:00-9:00 pm.
- Registration in this course will be accepted up to the end of the first week of classes.
- Hours of study do not account for College closures or mid-week start of term dates. There will be no make-up classes for these days. See important dates for more information.
A course delivery mode that combines elements of non-scheduled and scheduled activity. Learners will be able to participate partly at times of their own choosing and are also required to participate in some scheduled online learning activities. Scheduled exams may be required.