This course will prepare you to take the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test by reviewing and practicing each component of the test, developing test-taking strategies, and identifying language areas to further develop.
In this course, you will:
- Practice each component of the IELTS test - speaking, listening, academic reading, and writing.
- Practice completing test sections within the time restrictions set by IELTS.
- Receive feedback from an instructor on performance as well as tips on how to improve your IELTS score.
- Textbooks are not required for this course.
- Registrants should have at least a high-intermediate level of proficiency in English.
- Registration in this course will be accepted up to the end of the first week of classes.
- Hours of study do not account for College closures or mid-week start of term dates. There will be no make-up classes for these days. See important dates for more information.
- Bow Valley College is an official IELTS testing site.
A course delivery mode where learning activity takes place through scheduled interaction through the use of online communications technologies at locations of the learners own choosing. Learners ARE required to participate in online learning activities at scheduled times, and scheduled exams may be required.