This course will prepare you to take the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test by reviewing and practicing each component of the test, developing test-taking strategies, and identifying language areas to further develop.
In this course, you will:
- Practice each component of the IELTS test - speaking, listening, academic reading, and writing.
- Practice completing test sections within the time restrictions set by IELTS.
- Receive feedback from an instructor on performance as well as tips on how to improve your IELTS score.
- Textbooks are not required for this course.
- Registrants should have at least a high-intermediate level of proficiency in English.
- Registration in this course will be accepted up to the end of the first week of classes.
- Hours of study do not account for College closures or mid-week start of term dates. There will be no make-up classes for these days. See important dates for more information.
- Bow Valley College is an official IELTS testing site.
A course delivery mode where learning activity is scheduled and takes place in a classroom or similar setting at a college facility. May include lecture, laboratory, and seminar components.