In this intermediate to advanced level pronunciation course, you will improve your spoken English and develop effective communication.
In this course, classroom activities will help you:
- Study word and sentence stress
- Practice intonation and rhythm patterns
- Learn how to read and write phonetic transcripts to assess progress
- Learn pronunciation strategies to communicate effectively
- Recognize and produce English sounds through presentations, role playing, and listening discrimination/pair work
- Textbooks are not required for this course.
- You'll have access to a language lab to practice listening and speaking.
- Additional exercises are designed to target your needs.
- Registration in this course will be accepted up to the end of the first week of classes.
- Hours of study do not account for College closures or mid-week start of term dates. There will be no make-up classes for these days. See important dates for more information.
Classes meet for lectures, labs, or seminars at scheduled times at one of Bow Valley College's campuses.