Module 2 covers the analysis of maintenance strategies and how they relate to production and operations activities. Maintenance managers can improve the performance of their business unit by aligning their efforts to support the production goals of the organization.
Topics covered include:
- Aligning maintenance strategy with corporate strategy
- Overview of production systems and operations scheduling
- Implementing quality control
- Lean manufacturing principles and techniques
- Continuous Improvement
Course Material / Textbook(s) Required:
- Operations Management (6th Edition), by Stevenson, Hojati, & Cao (with Connect Learn Smart Access). ISBN: 978-1259270154.
- PEMAC Module 2 Workbook, Version 10.20
Please note that the normal refund policy is not in effect for this course.
Start with Module 1: MMPR9101 An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management. Modules 2 to 7 may be taken in any order.
Individuals who complete all eight modules and are members of the Plant Engineering and Maintenance Association of Canada (PEMAC) can apply for the Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) designation from PEMAC. PEMAC is recognized by the Society for Maintenance & Reliability Professional (SMRP) as an approved provider of continuing education and training aligned with key subject areas related to reliability and physical asset management.
The MMP program is approved by the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Department, Achievement in Business Competencies (Blue Seal) program and for Continuing Education Unit Credits by Alberta and Ontario Water/Wastewater Operators.
Required course for:
- MMPR9101 An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management
- MMPR9103 Human Resources Management for Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9104 Financial Management for the Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9105 Developing & Implementing Maintenance Tactics
- MMPR9106 Maintenance Work Management
- MMPR9107 Computerized Maintenance Management Systems