- January 09 2018
- May 03 2018
- In Class
The ACE TESOL Certificate program gives you practical, hands-on experience. You'll apply and develop the teaching techniques taught in the classwork through in-class teaching demonstrations, extensive feedback and an on-site practicum. This program prepares you for a career as an English Language Learning (ELL) instructor abroad or right here in Calgary.
The ACE TESOL Certificate Program is recognized by TESL Canada and can lead to the Standard One Interim certification.
TELL9101 - ACE TESOL Certificate: Instruction (in-class)
- 100 hours
- pre-requisite for TELL9999 and TELL9998
TELL9999 - ACE TESOL Certificate: Observation and Teaching (in-class)
- 20-hour practicum
- 10 hours of observation; 10 hours of supervised teaching in an ELL classroom
TELL9998 - ACE TESOL Certificate: Observation and Teaching Assistance (in-class)
- 10-hour practicum
- six hours of observation and four hours as a teaching assistant in an ELL classroom.
- Coursework: January 9 – March 8, 2018
- Practicum: March 12 – April 6, 2018
- Coursework: May 8 – July 7, 2018
- Practicum: July 9 – August 3, 2018
- Coursework: September 4 – November 1, 2018
- Practicum: November 5 - 30, 2018
- Registration fee: $2,450 (plus tax)
- Course textbook (optional): Easy Advanced Grammer
- Once you complete the coursework you'll be placed in either a 10-hour or 20-hour practicum. This is determined by your coursework results.
Applicants must have a university degree. The program will accept applicants without a university degree. These applicants will not receive TESL Canada certification until completing a university degree.
Applicants must prove their English language skills through one of the following:
- iBT: Overall 101 with at least 23 in listening, 24 in reading, 27 in speaking, and 27 in writing
- IELTS Academic: 7 overall with score of 7 in each skill area
- Graduation from a Canadian high school, including a 70% in Grade 12 English.
- An undergraduate degree from a university where English is the language of instruction and administration (see: TESL Canada Standards)
DiverseCity onBoard Governance Training
A self-paced online governance training program. We provide individuals and boards with the skills, knowledge, and resources to join governance boards in the not-for-profit and public sectors.