Build motivation and curiosity and develop the requisite attitudes for working towards successful intercultural interactions. Explore case studies employing multiple lenses and important frameworks.
This is the second course in the Intercultural Competencies for Leaders Certificate (non-credit) Program and helps further solidify the foundation of the program by building on the concepts introduced in Intercultural Competence 1 (IIAD9101). It is recommended that participants complete this course before signing up for Supervisory Skills in Intercultural Teams.
The course is completely online and has a peer-learning focus. Course completion is based on active participation in discussion board forums, and the submission of a final assignment and quiz. The time commitment is typically twelve hours.
This course is part of the Intercultural Competencies for Leaders Certificate Program. The program is essential for anyone working in a diverse workplace. It helps develop a global perspective and mindset and offers useful tools to build intercultural sensitivity and enhance intercultural communication skills.
You need to complete four courses to earn the certificate. Course 1 (IIAD9101) and Course 2 (IIAD9102) are building-block courses for this certificate. We recommend learners take these two courses first.
You must complete all requirements and achieve at least 65 per cent on the final quiz to pass this course.
Approved Continuing Professional Development (CPD) by Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) Alberta.
A course delivery mode that combines elements of non-scheduled and scheduled activity. Learners will be able to participate partly at times of their own choosing and are also required to participate in some scheduled online learning activities. Scheduled exams may be required.
Required course for:
- HRES9101 Organizational Development
- HRES9201 Human Resources Management
- HRES9202 Talent Acquisition
- HRES9203 Strategic Compensation
- HRES9303 Payroll Legislation and Employment Standards
- IIAD9101 Intercultural Competence 1
- IIAD9201 Supervisory Skills in Intercultural Teams
- IIAD9301 Indigenous Awareness: Engaging Diversity and Inclusion
- IIAD9401 Developing a Global Mindset
- MGMT9101 Change Management Essentials
- MGMT9102 Introduction to Performance Management
- MGMT9103 Advanced Performance Management
- MGMT9104 Critical and Productive Strategies
- MGMT9105 Workplace Complexities
- MGMT9106 Building High Performance Teams