Prepare for the NPPE with our self-directed online National Professional Practice Exam (NPPE) preparation course. Passing the NPPE is an important step to get your license as a Professional Engineer/Geoscientist (P.Eng / P.Geo) with The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA). Knowledge of the areas of professionalism, law, and ethics are vital to your success as a P.Eng / P.Geo.
This online course is for engineers and geoscientists planning to write the NPPE. You can complete this course at your own pace within an eight-week period.
You'll have access to the course for approximately 16 weeks before the APEGA NPPE scheduled exam if you register on the start date. You can register at any time before the examination dates.
This course includes self-paced online learning activities, visual presentations, short and long answer questions, and multiple-choice exams. There is no instructor monitoring your progress in this course. You can track your progress by tracking your scores on the multiple-choice exams.
- Topics include professionalism, ethics, professional practice, communication, law for professional practice, professional law and regulation, and discipline processes
- 215 practice multiple-choice questions
- Mock exam with 100 multiple-choice questions
- July 30, 2018 - November 22, 2018
- October 1, 2018 - January 30, 2019
- December 10, 2018 - April 10, 2019
The course is 11 modules and takes approximately 40 hours, not including reading the study materials. If you have not read the study materials before the course, expect to take an extra 40 to 80 hours to complete the study materials. You are expected to read the APEGA study materials before writing the NPPE exam.
Participants must be able to commit to the time and effort that this course requires and must have access to a computer with administrative rights and high-speed internet. This course does not replace the course readings outlined by APEGA.
- Canadian Professional Engineering and Geoscience: Practice & Ethics, Fifth Edition, 2014 by Gordon C. Andrews.
- Practical Law of Architecture, Engineering, and Geoscience, Third Canadian Edition, 2015 by Brian M. Samuels and Doug R. Sanders.
Free study materials available through APEGA https://www.apega.ca/apply/exams/nppe/study-materials/
A course delivery mode where learning activity takes place at times and locations of the learners own choosing through the use of online communications technologies. Learners are NOT required to participate in any scheduled learning activities, but scheduled exams may be required.