Tuition Bursary of Up to $9,000 Available
We are pleased to inform you of the Alberta Health Care Aide Tuition Bursary Program from the Government of Alberta for students who are starting their Health Care Aide (HCA) program after July 1, 2022.
Application forms are available through the Alberta Health Care Aide Bursary website. Students enrolled in the Bow Valley College Health Care Aide program are eligible for this bursary, NorQuest is simply the government-appointed administrator of the program.
There are 3 bursaries available. As a Health Care Aide student you may be eligible for the Health Care Aide Tuition Bursary (Regular). Eligibility includes:
- You must be enrolled in an Alberta licensed Health Care Aide program (including Bow Valley College) that starts after July 1, 2022
- Preference will be given if attending the HCA program full-time or currently working for a continuing care facility (community or facility) in a non-clinical capacity
- You have submitted an HCA Tuition Bursary application (please see link on how to apply below) along with the supporting documents
- You are willing and able to sign a return to service agreement
- Eligible students must commence employment as an HCA for an approved Continuing Care facility within two months of successfully completing the HCA program
- Eligible students must work a minimum of 2,000 hours within two years of commencing employment
After approval of your bursary program application the following funds would be available :
- $3,000 upon proof of successful completion of Courses 1-5
- $6,000 upon successful completion of the program, including passing the provincial final exam
- Click on the following link: Health Care Aide Tuition Bursary Program
- You will be asked to provide proof of enrolment at Bow Valley College, a licensed AB HCA Certificate program
- Submit a return to service agreement
If you have questions or need help with the application, please email ABhcabursaries@norquest.ca or phone (780) 644-6500.