This Alberta government-funded program is for newcomers currently at a CLB (Canadian Language Benchmarks) levels 4-7. This is a seven-week full-time course, with approximately 25 hours of classwork each week. During the course, you will
- improve your English for the workplace,
- explore different pathways into employment,
- conduct labour market research,
- research about jobs and workplaces you are interested in,
- learn about the Alberta job market, and
- identify what your next career steps will be.
This program helps you decide what careers are right for you based on your skills and the current and future job openings. You will learn:
- workplace communication skills,
- intercultural communication,
- short-term and long-term goal setting, and
- necessary employment skills.