Module 2 covers the analysis of maintenance strategies and how they relate to production and operations activities. Maintenance managers can improve the performance of their business unit by aligning their efforts to support the production goals of the organization.
Topics covered include:
- Aligning maintenance strategy with corporate strategy
- Overview of production systems and operations scheduling
- Implementing quality control
- Lean manufacturing principles and techniques
- Continuous Improvement
Course Material / Textbook(s) Required:
- Operations Management (6th Edition), by Stevenson, Hojati, & Cao (with Connect Learn Smart Access). ISBN: 978-1259270154.
- PEMAC Module 2 Workbook, Version 10.20
Please note that the normal refund policy is not in effect for this course.
Modules 1 through 7 can be taken in any order, however it is recommended to start with Module 1: MMPR9101 An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management.Individuals who complete all eight modules and are members of the PEMAC Asset Management Association of Canada can apply for the Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) designation from PEMAC.
A course delivery mode that combines elements of non-scheduled and scheduled activity. Learners will be able to participate partly at times of their own choosing and are also required to participate in some scheduled online learning activities. Scheduled exams may be required.
Required course for:
- MMPR9101 An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management
- MMPR9103 Human Resources Management for Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9104 Financial Management for the Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9105 Developing & Implementing Maintenance Tactics
- MMPR9106 Maintenance Work Management
- MMPR9107 Computerized Maintenance Management Systems