This intermediate level course helps you develop the language and social skills used in the Canadian workplace. You will practice listening, speaking, reading, and writing. You will also learn workplace culture with a strong emphasis on social skills at work.
In this course, classroom activities will help you:
- Compose formal and informal e-mails.
- Express opinions in small group discussions.
- Summarize information focusing on key points.
- Plan, practice, and present oral presentations.
- Locate information quickly and follow instructions.
- Develop soft skills and communication strategies for formal and informal workplace interactions.
- This course is taught following an e-text, provided to learners at no additional cost.
- Registration in this course will be accepted up to the end of the first week of classes.
- Hours of study do not account for College closures or mid-week start of term dates. There will be no make-up classes for these days. See important dates for more information.
Classes meet for lectures, labs, or seminars at scheduled times at one of Bow Valley College's campuses.