This course will prepare you for the academic version of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test. This course is offered at a discounted rate and includes the fee for one IELTS exam sitting at Bow Valley College. The academic format tests your ability to study in English at an undergraduate or postgraduate level. It can also be used to satisfy the English language proficiency requirements at many institutions.
In this course, you will:
- Practice each component of the IELTS test - speaking, listening, academic reading, and writing.
- Practice completing test sections within the time restrictions set by IELTS.
- Receive feedback from an instructor on performance as well as tips on how to improve your IELTS score.
- Registrants should have at least a high-intermediate level of proficiency in English.
- Registration in this course will be accepted up to the end of the first week of classes.
- Hours of study are approximate and do not account for College closures or mid-week start of term dates. There will be no make-up classes for these days.
- Bow Valley College is an official IELTS testing site.
*Once you have registered, please contact the Testing Centre by phone (403-355-1909) or in person at West Campus, Room W010, to arrange for your exam. Exams are held at Bow Valley College on Saturdays only.
Classes meet for lectures, labs, or seminars at scheduled times at one of Bow Valley College's campuses.