This course will prepare you to take the academic version of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test. This course is offered at a discounted rate and includes the fee for one IELTS exam sitting at Bow Valley College. The academic format tests your ability to study in English at an undergraduate or postgraduate level. It can also be used to satisfy the English language proficiency requirements at many institutions.
In this course, you will:
- Practice each component of the IELTS test: speaking, listening, academic reading, and academic writing.
- Practice completing test sections within the time restrictions set by IELTS.
- Receive feedback from an instructor on performance as well as tips on how to improve your IELTS score.
- Registrants should have at least a high-intermediate level of proficiency in English.
- Registration in this course is accepted up to the end of the first week of classes.
- Hours of study are approximate and do not account for College closures or mid-week start of term dates. There will be no make-up classes for these days. See important dates for more information.
- Registration for this course is available online or through the Registrar's office, in person or at 403-410-1400.
- IELTS exams must be booked online. Once you have registered for this course, please go to www.bowvalleycollege.ca/ielts to book your exam.
- Should you have additional questions about your exam, please contact the Testing Center at 403-355-1909, or in person at our West Campus, Room W010.
- Bow Valley College is an official IELTS testing site.
Classes meet for lectures, labs, or seminars at scheduled times at one of Bow Valley College's campuses.