This course will prepare you to take the academic version of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test. This course is offered at a discounted rate and includes the fee for one IELTS exam sitting at Bow Valley College. The academic format tests your ability to study in English at an undergraduate or postgraduate level. It can also be used to satisfy the English language proficiency requirements at many institutions.
In this course, you will:
- Practice each component of the IELTS test: speaking, listening, academic reading, and academic writing.
- Practice completing test sections within the time restrictions set by IELTS.
- Receive feedback from an instructor on performance as well as tips on how to improve your IELTS score.
- Registrants should have at least a high-intermediate level of proficiency in English.
- Registration in this course is accepted up to the end of the first week of classes.
- Hours of study are approximate and do not account for College closures or mid-week start of term dates. There will be no make-up classes for these days. See important dates for more information.
- Registration for this course is available online or through the Registrar's office, in person or at 403-410-1400.
- IELTS exam can be booked as early as the course start date. All exams must be booked within six months of course completion.
- IELTS exam must be booked online. Once you've enrolled in the course, book your exam at https://bowvalleycollege.ca/schools/school-of-continuing-learning/assessment-services/english-language-assessments/ielts/ielts-test-dates. You'll receive a confirmation e-mail once your exam is booked.
- Registrar’s office cannot book your exam.
- Should you have additional questions about your exam, please contact the Testing Center at 403-355-1909, or in person at our West Campus, Room W010.
- Bow Valley College is an official IELTS testing site.
- Refunds are issued if the student notifies the Registrar's office or the program administrator before the end of the first class. If you withdraw after the first class there are no refunds. Refunds are only available for the complete course, IELTS Preparation and Exam (ELLA9783), not for individual in-class or exam portions.
A course delivery mode where learning activity is scheduled and takes place in a classroom or similar setting at a college facility. May include lecture, laboratory, and seminar components.