This course will prepare you to take the academic format of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test. The academic format tests your ability to study in English at an undergraduate or postgraduate level. It can also be used to satisfy the English proficiency requirements at many institutions.
In this course, you will:
- Practice each component of the IELTS test - speaking, listening, academic reading, and writing.
- Practice completing test sections within the time restrictions set by IELTS.
- Receive feedback from an instructor on performance as well as tips on how to improve your IELTS score.
- Registrants should have at least a high-intermediate level of proficiency in English.
- Registration in this course will be accepted up to the end of the first week of classes.
- Hours of study do not account for College closures or mid-week start of term dates. There will be no make-up classes for these days. See important dates for more information.
- Bow Valley College is an official IELTS testing site.
A course delivery mode where learning activity is scheduled and takes place in a classroom or similar setting at a college facility. May include lecture, laboratory, and seminar components.