Module 6 focuses on building a proactive maintenance management process that uses that right resources and tools at the right time. This module is a study of the fundamentals of the work management process with an overview of the basics of planning, scheduling, and work coordination in order to transition from reactive to proactive maintenance.
Topics covered include:
- How to effectively use resources
- How to align maintenance activities with production or service schedules
- How to develop and document maintenance strategies
- How to integrate proactive maintenance tactics
Course Material / Textbook(s) Required:
- Maintenance Planning, Coordination and Scheduling (2nd Edition), by Nyman & Levitt. ISBN 978-0831134181.
- PEMAC Module 6 Workbook, Version 11.01
Please note that the normal refund policy is not in effect for this course.
Start with Module 1: MMPR9101 - An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management. Modules 2 to 7 may be taken in any order.
Individuals who successfully complete all eight modules and are members of the Plant Engineering and Maintenance Association of Canada (PEMAC) can apply for the Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) designation from PEMAC. PEMAC is recognized by the Society for Maintenance & Reliability Professionals (SMRP) as an approved provider of continuing education and training aligned with key subject areas related to reliability and physical asset management.
The MMP program is approved by the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Department, Achievement in Business Competencies (Blue Seal) program and for Continuing Education Unit Credits by Alberta and Ontario Water/Wastewater Operators.
A course delivery mode where learning activity is scheduled and takes place in a classroom or similar setting at a college facility. May include lecture, laboratory, and seminar components.
Required course for:
- MMPR9101 An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management
- MMPR9102 Production and Operations Management for Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9103 Human Resources Management for Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9104 Financial Management for the Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9105 Developing & Implementing Maintenance Tactics
- MMPR9107 Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- MMPR9108 Capstone Project