Module 5 focuses on maintenance efforts to ensure that physical assets perform as intended, with a focus on asset use, failure, and consequences. Maintenance tactics that are both feasible and worthwhile are discussed, as well as implemention and effectiveness of these tactics.
- Understanding the “operating context”
- Defining asset function and functional
- Failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA)
- Understanding consequences and applying the RCM Decision Diagram
- Identifying maintenance tasks
- Planning maintenance tasks
- Implementing preventive maintenance
- Introducing Condition Based Monitoring (CBM) into the maintenance equation
Course Material / Textbook(s) Required:
- RCM2 Reliability-centered Maintenance (2nd Edition), by Moubray. ISBN 978-0831131462.
- PEMAC Module 5 Workbook, Version 9.02
Please note that the normal refund policy is not in effect for this course.
Start with Module 1: MMPR9101 An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management. Modules 2 to 7 may be taken in any order.
Individuals who successfully complete all eight modules and are members of the Plant Engineering and Maintenance Association of Canada (PEMAC) can apply for the Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) designation from PEMAC. PEMAC is recognized by the Society for Maintenance & Reliability Professionals (SMRP) as an approved provider of continuing education and training aligned with key subject areas related to reliability and physical asset management.
The MMP program is approved by the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Department, Achievement in Business Competencies (Blue Seal) program and for Continuing Education Unit Credits by Alberta and Ontario Water/Wastewater Operators.
A course delivery mode where learning activity takes place through scheduled interaction through the use of online communications technologies at locations of the learners own choosing. Learners ARE required to participate in online learning activities at scheduled times, and scheduled exams may be required.
Required course for:
- MMPR9101 An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management
- MMPR9102 Production and Operations Management for Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9103 Human Resources Management for Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9104 Financial Management for the Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9106 Maintenance Work Management
- MMPR9107 Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- MMPR9108 Capstone Project