There are so many reasons why volunteering is a great idea. Here are a few:
- Qualify to be Volunteer of the Month
- Develop analytical & critical-thinking skills
- Discover something you're passionate about
- Improve your experience on campus
- Contribute to the Bow Valley College community
- Build your résumé & job qualifications
- Qualify for student awards & bursaries
- Discover skills you never knew you had
Volunteering through Bow Valley College is recognized by the Leadership Experience and Development program (LEAD). And it all gets added to your co-curricular record. Add your name to our volunteer database below and be informed of upcoming volunteer opportunities on campus and with community partners.
Sign Up Here
Volunteer of the Month
Are you a volunteer whose efforts make you stand out? So you know a student or alumnus that makes a difference in the lives of other learners? Do they regularly support your events? Do they volunteer to help provide support services? If so, please request a staff or faculty member take the time complete our Volunteer of the Month nomination form.
We care about Calgary and our community. Staff, students, and alumni can volunteer at events that support non-profit organizations. Current volunteer opportunities are on our BVC Cares web page and some are featured in the Student eNews. Student eNews is sent to your MyBVC email every week.
Interested in finding volunteers to support your non-profit organization?
Please submit your opportunity through our online job board.
1. Create an employer login at myWork.ca
2. Wait for approval from our Student Affairs office.
3. Login to the system and create a job opportunity.
4. Ensure you indicated "Volunteer" under employment type.
We want to hear what you have to say! Do you have suggestions for student volunteer initiatives? Or ideas about improving campus volunteering? Email us at email@example.com