Student behaviour expectations in the library:
- Treat all library staff with respect.
- You must be a student to use the library
- Users are required to show their valid student ID cards upon request from library staff or Security staff.
- Food is not allowed in the library; covered drinks only.
- Quiet cell phone use inside the library is permitted, text messaging is encouraged.
- Students are required to set their cell phone ringer to "Vibrate" while using the library.
- Children are not allowed in the library.
- Computer use for academic purposes is priority.
- Be considerate of those around you by keeping your voice down.
- Behaviour which is considered disrespectful, intimidating, disruptive, or offensive will not be tolerated.
- Help us keep the library tidy by cleaning up after yourselves.
- Users are responsible for informing themselves of the library policies.
Failure to comply may result in the following:
- Verbal warning.
- Removal from the library.
- Written documentation sent to Program Coordinator.
- Library privileges suspended.
- Written documentation placed in student file.
The library staff, the security team, and the academic departments work closely together to make sure the above expectations of behaviour are followed and respected.