Due to the volume of requests, your student ID card may take more than 5 business days. The Registrar Services team will notify you once it is ready.
If you are an active student registered in a course at Bow Valley College, you must have a student ID card to enter our campuses.
A student ID card is your proof of identity as a Bow Valley College student. It shows your name, program, picture, and ID number. Your ID allows you to access to our campus' facilities and services such as the RGO Library, booking with advisors, Rileys printing, the bookstore, and more.
Registrar Services will issue digital student IDs valid for the Fall 2021 term (September 1, 2021 - January 7, 2022). The digital IDs will be in the form of a PDF file that you will need to have readily available to be displayed on your smartphone or tablet devices when entering Bow Valley College campuses.
You can request a photo ID card from Registrar Services by uploading a photo of yourself and a piece of government-issued photo ID through our secure online form (your MyBVC log-in is required to use the form). The deadline to submit your request is August 20, 2021. Late submissions will not be guaranteed to be processed in time when the Fall term begins.
Student ID Request Form
Valid Government-issued photo identification includes:
- a driver's license issued by a Canadian province/territory or U.S. state;
- Canadian permanent resident, First Nations status, citizenship, or Nexus card;
- an Alberta non-driver's identification card; or
- the photo page from your passport
If we cannot read/verify the information on your uploaded identification, your request will be rejected and you will need to re-submit.
- Photo file must be in .JPEG format
- One clear, high-resolution photo of your full face (from shoulders to top of your head/hair)
- Photos with retouching or beauty filters will be rejected
- Your photo must be taken against a plain background like a wall or curtain
- The picture must match your day-to-day appearance and your government ID
- We respect religious head coverings and personal gender expression
Once your photo is submitted and approved by the Registrar Services team, you will be sent an email with your digital student ID card attached within 5 business days.
Your uploaded photo should look similar to this example:
Accommodations will be made if you are unable to submit your request through our online form, or if you do not have an internet-connected smartphone or tablet.