Tax receipts for 2022 are now published to MyBVC.

Download or print your T2202 tax receipts from under Registration → T2202 Tax Receipt. To access your documents you will need your MyBVC username and password.

Our forms are produced in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) guidelines. Tax receipts for 2022 and prior years are available on

Frequently asked questions

Students in post-secondary programs, open studies, credit extension, and most non-credit Continuing Education courses (2018 onward) receive T2202 tax receipts. Canada Revenue Agency guidelines do not allow tax receipts to be issued for English Language Learning (ELL) and Academic Upgrading.

The student must also:

  • have paid a minimum of $100 in a taxation year for tuition fees;
  • have attended a program for a minimum of three consecutive weeks and at least 12 hours per month; and
  • be 16 years of age or older.

More information about eligible programs can be found on the Canada Revenue Agency website.

Your T2202 includes the following fees that were due in the tax year (January 1 to December 31):

Some charges are not eligible for a T2202 tax receipt, including:

  • Students' Association fees
  • Incidental/administrative charges like course extension or transcript fees
  • Tuition for English Language Learning, Academic Upgrading, and some continuing education courses
  • Textbooks 

We follow the guidelines for eligible charges set by the Canada Revenue Agency. If eligible charges are missing from your tax receipt, please write to us or call us at 403-410-1400.

The T2202 is based on the tax year (January 1 to December 31) and shows charges that were made during that period, not payments.

If you paid for a course in December but the start date of the course is in following January, eligible charges will show on next year's T2202.

See the Canada Revenue Agency website.

Yes, you will see both charges as long as you paid for them.
Yes, you will receive a T2202. Both tuition and hours completed will appear on the tax form.
No - if your SIN is not listed or your mailing address is incorrect, we will not revise your tax receipt.

Three times a year, students are reminded through Student eNews and/or to update their SIN. Additionally, it is the student’s responsibility to keep their mailing address up to date with the College. A missing SIN or old mailing address should not affect your ability to file your income taxes.

If the SIN on your T2202 is incorrect (the wrong number is showing), you will need to update your number through and then contact the Office of the Registrar. We may audit the change history before issuing a revised T2202.

Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to access your T2202.

If you are having trouble downloading your T2202 tax receipt, please email You will need to provide the following information in your email:

  • Your question/inquiry
  • Your Bow Valley College Student ID number
  • Your birthdate

If you believe there's an error on your Bow Valley College T2202, email with the issue needing correction, your full name, and student ID number. We try to respond to all requests within two (2) working days.

If you need help filing your taxes, contact the Canada Revenue Agency. Bow Valley College does not provide assistance in filing your taxes.

No, this will not be reflected on your T2202. The award amount will be reflected on your T4A, which will be sent to you by mail.

Office of the Registrar and Enrolment Services

Registrar Services

South Campus, First Floor
345 6 Avenue SE

In person service hours
Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Contact centre (phone/email) hours
Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The College is closed on weekends and holidays.

Your cart is currently empty.

Browse Available Courses


  • If you are currently studying in a post-secondary program at BVC, please register for your courses via mybvc to ensure your enrolments and fees are processed appropriately.
  • Cart total based on domestic tuition rates. For information about International Tuition rates please see Additional Fees Apply
  • If you anticipate applying for a student loan, your payment will be refunded to you based on your loan award once your funding has been received by BVC.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Learn more in our privacy policy