Financial Wellness Tax Time Series
The ATB Centre for Financial Empowerment is hosting the Financial Wellness Tax Time Series to support learners this tax season.
- What You Need To Know About Taxes | Monday, February 22, 2021 | Time: 12:30-1:30pm Register here
- Slaying Your Taxes | Monday, March 1, 2021 | Time: 12:30-1:30pm Register here
- Managing Your Money: Planning For Today | Friday, March 12, 2021 | Time: 12:30-1:30pm Register here
- How To File Your Taxes Online | Tuesday, March 16, 2021 | Time: 5:00-7:00pm Register here
- Make Tax Your Hero | Friday, March 19, 2021 | Time: 12:30-1:30pm This session has been cancelled
Free Tax Clinics
Free tax clinics are available for eligible individuals through the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). To be eligible you must have a simple tax situation and modest household income as determined by the Canada Revenue Agency:
- $35,000 or less for a single person with no dependants
- $52,500 or less a 5 persons household including dependants
*Family size or household includes an individual, or a couple, and their dependants.
For more information on the eligibility requirements visit the Canada Revenue Agency About Tax Clinics page.
Find a free tax clinic in your area or call the City of Calgary 2-1-1.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Bow Valley College is not hosting free tax clinics for learners.
Resources and tips for filing your tax returns
Forms for completing your own tax return
To know more about your tax obligation and documents required to file your income tax return, click here. You can also receive assistance with your tax filing at Community Volunteer Income Tax clinics. Find a free tax clinic in your area or call the City of Calgary 2-1-1.