To be eligible for our free income tax clinics, your total income per household unit must be one of the following:
- $30,000 or less with no dependants
- $50,000 or less with dependants
Self-employment income, rental income, or real estate holdings are not eligible for this program.
Tax returns cannot be completed for someone who has passed away.
Please view the detailed criteria requirements for further information on eligibility. Students who meet the eligibility requirements and wish to book an appointment must attend an information session.
Drop-in information sessions will be held:
- Wednesday, March 7, 2018 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in room N622
- Wednesday, March 7, 2018 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. in room N634
- Thursday, March 8, 2018 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. in room N115
To access this free services you must attend one of our drop-in information sessions to book an appointment. Appointments are approximately 30 minutes in duration and couples and families must be booked as two appointments. An appointment time will be given to learners when they attend an information session.
Tax clinics will run from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm daily between Monday, March 19, 2018 and Thursday, March 22, 2018
Resources and tips for filing your tax returns
The T2202A is the Tuition, Education and Textbook Amounts tax form. Click here for more information.
Information for learners and income tax
- Watch these video series from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to know more about filing your taxes.
- For detailed information on items mentioned in the videos, click on the related links.
- For forms and publications, visit CRA Tax Packages.
To know more about your tax obligation and documents required to file your income tax return, click here.
Free Tax Clinics in Calgary
Did you miss the free tax clinic at the College? Here's a list of free tax clinics in Calgary.
Other Resources on the CRA's website