To be eligible for our free income tax clinics, your total income per household unit must be one of the following:
- $30,000 or less with no dependants
- $50,000 or less with dependants
Self-employment income, rental income, or real estate holdings are not eligible for this program.
Tax returns cannot be completed for someone who has passed away.
Please view the detailed criteria requirements for further information on eligibility. Students who meet the eligibility requirements and wish to book an appointment must attend an information session.
Mandatory drop-in information sessions will be held:
- Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in room S3116
- Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. in room S4020
- Thursday, March 7, 2019, 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. in room S5019
To access this free services you must attend one of our drop-in information sessions to book an appointment. Appointments are approximately 30 minutes in duration and couples and families must be booked as two appointments. An appointment time will be given to learners when they attend an information session.
Tax clinics will run from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm daily between Monday, March 18 and Thursday, March 21, 2019.
Resources and tips for filing your tax returns
The T2202A is the Tuition, Education and Textbook Amounts tax form. Click here for more information.
Information for learners and income tax
- Watch these video series from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to know more about filing your taxes.
- For detailed information on items mentioned in the videos, click on the related links.
- For forms and publications, visit CRA Tax Packages.
To know more about your tax obligation and documents required to file your income tax return, click here.
Free Tax Clinics in Calgary
Did you miss the free tax clinic at the College? Here's a list of free tax clinics in Calgary.
Other Resources on the CRA's website