How to pay your tuition
At the beginning of the term, wait times for in-person services at the Office of the Registrar and Enrolment Services (Client Services) are often longer than average. Please review the alternative tuition payment methods listed below.
To find out how to pay your tuition, check out the options below, or refer to our Financial Aid page if you are planning to pay tuition with your loan.
If your Full Time loan is being sent directly to Bow Valley College, you are not required to make a payment. Please note that funding may arrive after the deadline, and can arrive in installments. Processing can take up to three weeks once your loan has been disbursed by the government.
Your loan may not cover all of your tuition for the term. Please remember to check your disbursement schedule for the balance that you are responsible for.
Part Time loans are paid directly to the learners, so please note that you are responsible for paying your tuition by the fee deadline.
If you're an international learner, please see our International Learner Payment Options.
Avoid lineups and pay your tuition online.There are two ways you can do this.
- Log into your MyBVC.ca account.
- Click 'Registration'.
- Click 'Make a Payment'.
- Use your Visa or Mastercard to make your payment.
Through Online Banking (through any major Canadian bank or credit union):
- Log into your bank's online system.
- Click 'Add a Bill' or 'Add a Payee'.
- To set up Bow Valley College as a bill payment option, search and select 'Bow Valley College -- Tuition'.
- Your account number is your Bow Valley College student ID number plus up to the first seven letters of your last name:
- Please allow three to five business days for processing. Make your payment before the fee deadline to avoid overdue charges. Confirmation fee payments should be made with enough time to allow for processing in order to avoid losing your admission offer.
- Note: For Bank of Montreal customers, please use ONLY your Bow Valley College student ID number.
To pay your tuition or fees in person, visit the Office of the Registrar.
Bow Valley College accepts the following payment methods:
- Interac Direct Payment (Please note that most Canadian debit cards have daily transaction limits. You may be able to temporarily increase this limit by speaking with your bank. The customer contact number should be listed on the back of your bank card.)
- Visa or Mastercard
- Money order
- Certified cheque
- Purchase order
- Personal cheques (post-dated cheques are not accepted)
You can also send your cheque or money order by mail to the address below. Please include your Bow Valley College Student ID number with your written request.
Office of the Registrar and Enrolment Services
Bow Valley College
345 - 6 Avenue SE
Calgary, AB T2G 4V1
Third Party Sponsorship (Government Agencies, Indigenous Bands, etc.)
To start the process of sponsorship, you will need to first be registered in classes for the semester that you are applying for. Please note that this process is done before each semester due to the nature of class registrations at Bow Valley College.
Once registered in classes for the upcoming semester, you will need to obtain a Letter of Intent (LOI) that breaks down all of the fees that are payable and can be covered by your sponsor. To obtain it, please contact the Client Services team at 403-410-1400 or email@example.com. The LOI will then be issued to you. This can also be provided directly to your sponsor as long as full consent to release your information is given. A physical copy can also be picked up from the Office of the Registrar in the downtown Calgary South Campus.
Your sponsor will need to identify all of the fees outlined in the LOI that will be covered, and return a fully completed and signed copy to the Student Accounts team in the Registrar’s Office. This can be done via physical copy, fax (403-297-4887), or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the sponsorship form is received, the coverage will be added to your account and your sponsor will be invoiced accordingly. You are responsible for the timely payment of any fees that your sponsor does not cover as per Bow Valley College’s fee deadline policy.
Third Party Payment (non-sponsorship)
Follow these steps to set up third party payment:
1. Sign into mybvc.ca.
2. Follow the menu path: Registration -> Make a payment (see below).
3. On the Online Payment page, click "click here".
4. Follow the instructions on the screen. If you need help, contact Client Services at the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com
: The family member, agent, or employer you set up will receive an email with a link in it requesting payment and will have the option of accepting or rejecting payment.
Tuition and fee deadlines
For learners in courses and programs that follow Bow Valley College's standard term dates, the fee deadline is the business day prior to the first date of classes. All tuition fees and applicable mandatory fees (Student Association Fee, Student Services Fee, Health & Dental Fee, etc.) are due on this date. Visit the Important Dates page for a listing of upcoming tuition and refund deadlines.
For learners in Continuing Education courses, fees are due at the time of registration.
For learners in programs with monthly intakes, fees are due on the first day of the earliest class for that term (e.g. If you are enrolled in one class that starts on October 1, and another that starts on November 1, all fees are due on October 1).
For learners who are being covered by a Third Party Sponsorship, the completed LOI (Letter of Intent) from your sponsor is also due at the fee deadline.
Full-time fees vs. part-time fees
Students in most Bow Valley College programs have their pace determined and fees assessed based on their credit load. Students who have full-time course credits or more for their program will be assessed full-time fees; students who have less than full-time credits will be assessed part-time fees.
Please note, your pace may affect your funding eligibility.