What is Alberta Works funding?
Alberta Works Grant funding provides financial support for adult residents of Alberta who are unemployed or marginally employed, have financial need, and require skills training to find sustainable full-time employment. You must be ready, willing, and able to attend school. If you are interested in applying for funding, you should apply for admission to Bow Valley College at least 4 months before classes start.
If you've been accepted into one of the following Bow Valley College programs, you may wish to apply for Alberta Works grant funding.
- Upgrading / high school classes (full-time or part-time)
- Full-time English language learning or English for academic purposes (does not apply to LINC classes)
- Corporate Readiness Training Program
Important information about Alberta Works funding for Spring-Summer 2018 term
Bow Valley College has a limited number of seats for learners seeking Alberta Works funding for the Spring-Summer 2018 term. Please refer to the chart below for availability by program.
Training Provider Information (TPI) form
- You need to request a Training Provider Information (TPI) form from Bow Valley College to send in with your Alberta Works funding application.
- To qualify for a Training Provider Information (TPI) form, students must be accepted into an eligible program.
- Before mailing your Funding Application and TPI form, make sure the training start dates and training end dates are the same on both forms.
- Being issued a TPI form does not guarantee you will get a seat for Spring-Summer 2018. Your final registration depends on whether seats are available in your program, and whether your funding has been approved in time.
|How to obtain a TPI form
|English Language Learning
|A limited number of TPIs will be issued starting Monday, January 22, 2018.
|TPIs are no longer available.
A limited number of TPIs will be issued starting Monday, January 22, 2018.
TPIs are no longer available.
|Corporate Readiness Training Program
|All students accepted into this program will be issued a TPI if they request one.
|Please visit the Corporate Readiness Training Program office, 4th Floor, North Campus.
Applying for Alberta Works funding
Applying for Alberta Works Funding can be a complex process. Students are encouraged to read the information below carefully before starting their application.
Deadline to apply
You must apply for funding at least 2 months before classes start (after you have applied and been accepted into a Bow Valley College program).
Training start and end dates
When filling out your Alberta Works funding application, make sure you use the correct training start date and training end date. Any errors might cause a delay in processing your application.
|Number of terms
||Training start date
||Training end date
|Applying for funding for 1 term (Spring term only)
||May 3, 2018
|August 22, 2018
Filling out an application
Alberta Works full-time and part-time funding applications and information can be found online on the Alberta Works website. Students can print off a copy of the Alberta Works application form or apply online.
Getting help with your application
- Please fill out as much of the funding application form as possible. If you have questions or need help completing your form, call 1-877-644-9992 (toll-free in Alberta) or visit an Alberta Works Service Centre for help.
- Please note that Bow Valley College cannot help you fill out your Alberta Works funding application.
- If you are currently employed and you are interested in applying for full-time funding, please contact an Alberta Works Service Centre for more information about whether or not you might require a Counsel to Leave Employment.
After you have applied
Find out if you have been approved
Alberta Works will normally send you a letter about the status of your application approximately 6 to 8 weeks after you have applied.
- If you have not received a funding decision letter from Alberta Works within 8 weeks and you would like to know the status of your application, contact the Learner Income Support Office (LISO) at 1-800-222-6485.
- This information is only available by phone. Do not go to an Alberta Works Support Centre location for this information. They cannot help with this type of request.
Notify Bow Valley College
If you have been approved for Alberta Works funding, you need to tell Bow Valley College so we can make sure you remain registered in your classes.
- Send a copy of your funding approval decision letter to email@example.com
- If you can't send a copy by email, please bring a copy to the Office of the Registrar.
Changes to your financial or personal circumstances
If your income or personal circumstances have changed after submitting an application you may need to submit a "Change in Circumstances" form.
If you have any questions about change in circumstances form, call the Learner Income Support Office toll-free at 1‑800‑222‑6485.