COVID-19 supplementary information
If you are thinking of withdrawing from your courses or program because of COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, here is what you need to know:
- Before withdrawing from College, we recommend contacting Academic Advising for options which may include reducing your course load, seeking financial aid, or taking a temporary break.
- If you are experiencing financial hardship, Learner Success Services may be able to help you find financial aid or emergency relief.
- International students should talk to International Education about how withdrawing may affect your study permit and immigration.
Withdrawing from a credit course or program
If you choose to withdraw from a program or course, you need to follow the formal withdrawal procedure listed below. Simply not attending a course does not mean you have withdrawn from it. Visit the Important Dates page for a listing of deadlines.
"Drop" deadline vs. "withdrawal" deadline
- The drop deadline is the final day to leave a course with a full refund of tuition and most fees. After the drop deadline, you will generally not be eligible for a refund of your tuition or fees.
- After the drop deadline is the withdrawal deadline. This is the last day to leave a course with a "W" (withdrawn) grade. Leaving a course after this date will result in failing grade of "F." You cannot withdraw from a course after it has finished.
How to drop or withdraw from a course
Most students can drop or withdraw from a course through MyBVC. If you cannot remove yourself from a course through MyBVC, contact Registrar Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-410-1400 for assistance.
How to withdraw from your whole program
Dropping out of College is an important decision and one we want to help you with. Talk to Academic Advising at email@example.com or call 403 410 1440 them at for help on making this choice.
If you are certain you want to withdraw, complete and submit the Student Program Withdrawal Form. Remember the drop/withdrawal deadlines apply to your program withdrawal. Your confirmation deposit and application fee cannot be refunded or transferred.
Withdrawing or dropping a non-credit ("continuing education") course
Email the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating which non-credit course(s) you wish to withdraw from. Your request should come from the email address we have on-file for you. In general, to be eligible for a refund you must withdraw before the first day of the course. Visit our Refunds page for more information.