Credit Courses and Programs
If you choose to withdraw from a program or course, you need to follow the formal withdrawal procedure listed below.
Notify the academic department if you need to withdraw from a credit course or program. If you just stop attending a course or program, that will not be considered a formal withdrawal, and there will be no refund assessment.
Visit the Important dates page for a listing of withdrawal deadlines.
Withdrawing from a course or program
- The withdrawal deadline is the last day to withdraw from a course with a "W" grade. Withdrawals after this date will result in a "F" grade.
- A withdrawal cannot be requested after the program or course has ended.
- Please submit your request to withdraw from a credit course or program to your academic department.
- Confirmation fees for domestic and international students are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Dropping a course or program
- The drop deadline refers to the last day to drop from term courses/programs and still be eligible for 100% tuition refund.
- Courses that do not follow the regular term dates may have different drop dates; for these courses, the drop date is based on 12.5% of the course length.
- Student services fees and materials fees are 100% refundable up to the drop date deadline.
- Students' Association fees and health and dental fees can only be refunded before a program or course starts.
- Refunds are based on the refund guidelines and fee schedule. There cannot be any outstanding financial accounts.
- Please visit your academic department to drop a course.
Withdrawing or dropping a non-credit course