An inclusive learning environment
Everyone should have equal access to education. Accessibility Services (part of Learner Success Services) offers support for learners with disabilities.
What is Accessibility Services?
Getting a good education shouldn't be difficult for you. We work with other Bow Valley departments to support learners with disabilities. We also support Universal Design for Learning (UDL), because all students should be able to use their course materials successfully. We work hard to make sure all students have access to the education they need.
Who can use Accessibility Services?
Learners with diagnosed disabilities can use Accessibility Services.
Diagnosed disabilities include, but aren't limited to:
- Learning disabilities
- Mental health issues
- Speech and language disabilities
- Blindness or visual impairment
- Deafness or hard of hearing
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders
- Neurological issues
- Chronic health issues, including chronic pain
- Short-term and temporary disabilities
Some of the services available to eligible learners may include:
- Help if you’re struggling in class or in your program
- Help with study skills and learning strategies
- Academic and exam accommodations
- Assistive technology services and support
- Sign language interpreting
- Learning strategists, academic aides, tutors, and note-taking
Use the Accessibility Services Checklist to help us accommodate your needs.
Please contact us as soon as you're accepted and at least four months before classes start. Visit us at Learner Success Services (downtown South Campus). You can also call 403-410-1440 or email email@example.com.
How do I access my support services?
You can use the portal to:
- Access your Accommodation Plan (IAP)
- Book tests at Learner Success Services
- Book appointments with Accessibility staff
Accessibility Services Portal
You need to log in to book a tutor. Forgot your login information or need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To book an appointment with a tutor, click here.
For learning coaches, peer tutors, and other support, contact the Academic Success Centre.
Do you have questions about services or support that aren't listed here? Contact us at email@example.com. We’re happy to help.